Tom and Trish Farrell are the owners and custodians of this Prize-Winning beautifully cultivated unique garden, which is backed by an old mixed forest.
Attached to the traditional farmhouse and neatly whitewashed farm buildings, the garden has been evolving over the last seventy years, and is packed with cottage garden plants, shrubs and trees interspersed with areas of lawn, an organic vegetable plot and secluded seating.
Mid-May sees the scented deciduous azaleas in bloom and late June/early July is heavenly perfumed by roses and philadelphus. Old granite mushrooms, stepping stones and standing stones along with a variety of Susan Cuffe (mailto:www.susancuffe.ie) Copper Wire Sculptures feature throughout.
This garden is a very special place worthy of visits from horticulturists, hobby gardeners and those who just enjoy beautiful, peaceful surroundings. Trish provides FREE garden tours for interested visitors.
We very much enjoyed your garden and your husband’s talks. Thanks very much for having us. Your home baking was very much appreciated! – Tullamore Garden Club, July 2016.
Thank you for your hospitality – we thoroughly enjoyed your garden – the history is amazing – you really have a special property. And the morning tea was great. It was a pity you didn’t open the sheds earlier Tom as the men could have stayed much longer! - Group Organiser of The Perennial Poppies, Australia who visited us in 2014.
- “Most beautiful garden, full of dreams” M.McD, Irl.
- “I envy the most natural garden I’ve seen” B.D. Irl.
- “I am so glad I got the opportunity to visit your lovely gardens. It is amazing and simply so peaceful” N.H. Ambassador of Pakistan.
- “I have a better understanding of tranquillity” B.E.,Irl.
- “Thank you so much, it’s a wonderful garden, something for the heart” H.S.M. Switzerland.
- “Thank you so much for this spiritual visit and warm welcome” F&A B. France.
- “Thanks for living the love and giving too” J.F. Irl.
- “A beautiful and calm place to paint” E.B. Irl.
- “An oasis of peace and beauty” B.O’L. Irl.
- “Beautiful garden, great sense of peace” A.Mc.C. Irl.
- “A beautiful garden and a lovely environment to spend time in” A.R. Irl.
- “Thank you, a very peaceful haven” M.B. Aus.
From early May until end of August 2018, by appointment.
We’re busy most days in the garden, so please telephone 087-6193455 / 087-2982369 /01-2958371 ahead of time when you would like to visit so that we can have the gate open for you!
Tea/coffee and homemade biscuits available by arrangement (€4.00 per person)
Free Parking – Cars & Minibuses
FREE Guided tours
Plants for sale
Not suitable for wheelchairs or children
Guide Dogs Only
Dublin Garden Group (www.dublingardens.com)